GSSPA

Cherry Hill East, Pascack Valley, Lyndhurst garner Distinguished Journalism Awards in GSSPA Print Contest

Back to Article
Back to Article

Staffers from Cherry Hill East pose with their Distinguished Journalism and Overall Excellence awards.

Twitter: @EastsideOnline

Twitter: @EastsideOnline

Twitter: @EastsideOnline

Cherry Hill East (Division A), Pascack Valley (Division B), and Lyndhurst (Division C) were recognized with Distinguished Journalism Awards in their respective size classifications in the 2018 GSSPA Print Contest, as announced at the Fall Student Press Day on Oct. 29.

Each individual award is assigned a point value, and the publication with the most accumulated points in its division is awarded the Distinguished Journalism Award.

Cherry Hill East’s Eastsider publication earned 36 individual awards, including cleans sweeps of first, second, and third in the sports writing and photography categories, en route to its 10th straight Distinguished Journalism honor. It also won Overall Excellence in its division, which is awarded to the top print issue based on a rubric.

Pascack Valley’s publication, The Smoke Signal, captured 21 individual awards, including clean sweeps in sports writing and in-depth reporting, and took home its third straight Distinguished Journalism award. Overall Excellence in the Division B went to West Essex’s Wessex Wire.

Lyndhurst’s Lighthouse was also honored with the Overall Excellence Award in its size classification and won 33 individual awards, including clean sweeps in photography, columns, and art & illustration.

Click here to view the full results.