GSSPA Fall Student Press Day slated for Oct. 29

Image from Twitter

Two student journalists share their thoughts during the 2017 GSSPA Fall Student Press Day Conference. School from all over New Jersey will come together for this year’s conference on Monday, Oct. 29 at Rutgers University’s Busch Campus Center in Piscataway.

The Garden State Scholastic Press Association, in partnership with the journalism program of Rutgers University, will hold its 39th annual Fall Student Press Day Conference at Rutgers University’s Busch Campus Center in Piscataway on Monday, Oct. 29.

Cost of the conference is just $20 per student and $50 per adviser, which includes a one-year GSSPA  membership. Sign-in begins at 8:30 a.m., and the first sessions begin at 9 a.m. For more information, including more specific payment instructions, please refer to this information sheet (which is also being mailed to all GSSPA members).

The new registration procedure:

1. Please fill out this Google Form no later than Friday, Oct. 19. The Google Form is considered the official registration (the paper form is to accompany the payment as an identifier).

2. You will receive email confirmation within 48 hours of registering. This email will contain a PDF invoice you may print out and mail with your check. If you do not receive the email, contact Sue Everett at 201-653-5480 or  at [email protected].

In addition to over 50 unique workshops, highlights of the day include a newly revamped writing contest (stay tuned for more details on this), the announcement of our print and online Summer Contest winners, and display of the winning entries. Be sure to bring copies of your print newspapers to exchange with other publications throughout the state.

If you’re interested in facilitating a speaking session, please fill out this form.